Wednesday 29 July 2009

Thoughts that remain with me as I am about to go to sleep, thoughts that have made it through the last three days (relatively) unscathed, but who knows if they’ll still be with me in the morning:

“I can see in his eyes that, yeah, he regrets capitalism.”

You’re trying not to be visible but you are, and it’s beautiful and it’s like a painting.

As a performer, find the point at which you know you are being listened to.

The importance of the dynamic of a show, but not necessarily as in beginning-middle-end, instead to do with instinct, like a day going from night to dawn to light to dusk and night again.

I want to see (and hear) two minutes of just the balloons squeaking minutely against each other in front of the microphone.

I want to hear Delano tell his whole journey home by only describing people’s shoes.

I want to see Ruby just stand and lick the inside of a chocolate bar wrapper until the lights go out.

Ira x

No comments:

Post a Comment