Tuesday 28 July 2009

Sweet Jesus,me blogging I can hardle believe it!I can barely get my e mails and Im repeatedl being told I cant spell,so there is no need to tell me again folks,its a risk you run!!
Here it is ,Its the peopleshow three week workshop,its show 120,its day two,we are twenty three in total,a large about of the female variety and sadly a bit thin on the man front,the two we do have however are hot so, thats ok for three weeks anyway!
Its day two ,every few hours my reasons for being here change and thats great and unsettling and I like it.
Mark Long gave a chat this morning on the "serious" business of making theatre,devising,the ingredients ,what its all about. The irony of him losing his place and steam of thoughts on his lecture pages were very pleasing to me and summed up the genie in he bottle of what it is we are trying to do for these weeks!Thank you mark.
Group dynamic is very interesting,Im getting the feeling we are all very suggestable and sensitive ,which is a good thing but not so good before lunch and the energy is focused on internal wholegrain or white debate!
Im enjoying asking the others what they do,getting a glimpse,getting the in jokes, when what they say might at other times seem a strange things to say,like lily saying the suitcase may contain lips eyes and skin.You see normally that might seem a strange thing to say but when you know our lily likes to stuff dead animals then its just a pleasing notion!Why wouldnt the case be filled with those things!
I love to watch gareth when he is watching others perform,its like reading a good book.
The coming together of the group in exercises seems very apocoliptic to me,yesterday for me was lepers crawling towards a saviour crossed with shaun of the dead today it was killer flu out outbreak.Not a good way to die,very unattractive.
With this session, I got images of the july bombings several years ago.I had a friend seriously hurt in the edgeware road blast,that morning she pushed her way onto that carriage,she was saved by her rucksack on her back hitting the tunnel wall instead of her spine when the bomb blew the doors off. With all the coughing and spluttering we were doing today in the exercise, something she told came back to me.
That it was fucking manky dirty down there,soot black dark,filth,years of fumes and ratty decay,mix a bomb in that and what you have is dark colours,body parts,blood,lipliners,a single shoe,saliva,hair,tears,screams,white teeth,piss,snot and shit mixing with soot,oh and a lot of bad language!It was a lot of peoples memories of my friend , her appaling diatribe of base filty dirty cuss words.she cant remember any of this!
A uniform colour but with different heat and consistancy,tears creating lines on faces made equal by something horrible.Everyone pitch black,sounds,smells,textures;Slippy too!
Time to go now,thank you for baring witness to my first every blog,21st century here I come!xMichele Moran

No comments:

Post a Comment