Wednesday 29 July 2009

Story telling

We had our last morning with Mark this morning. I could listen to him tell stories, jokes and impart words of oh so wise wisdom for days on end. So I am sad about this. But the hour we passed with him and George Kahn was a pure delight and I have locked many of their words away in my head for when I am still a struggling artist 50 years from now!
Just listening to Mark tell story after story made me think that not enough good stories are told nowadays and it is rare to find such a charasmatic story teller in this modern world of texts and msn.
And so I was pleased to find we were honing our own story telling skills that very day. With the terrifying microphone centre stage and the even more terrifying spotlight we individually told the stories of our journey home last night. Who'd have thought Bethnal Green hight street could hold so many wonders!
It was a truly captivating afternoon-every story enticing you in a different way. I want to tell more stories like these...Rubyx

No comments:

Post a Comment