Saturday 1 August 2009

Subconscious Hands

Since our journeys home and our sleeping positions I have a new interest in the still positions and the repetitive gestures of hands. Our hands are very expressive in our sleep. Spend a journey home looking at hands and hands only and see what people's hands are actually doing, very often unbeknown to the owners of those hands. Notice what people's hands do in relation to what the rest of them is doing- are they with or against? Where is that person actually, what are they thinking about really as they pretend to be interested in the sound coming out of someone else's mouth?

Lyndal Marwick

1 comment:

  1. All my walks are journeys now.
    I notice everything. I look up I turn around I make mental and physical notes.
    I can't seen to pootle along anymore.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete